Foto: La Reforma
Paramilitaries attacked the barricades near Oaxaca's office of justice, in the Calicanto municipality. There are several injured and one person dead.
Indymedia New York's reporter, BRAD WILL, was shot in the chest and died before he made it to the hospital; Oswaldo Ramírez, photographer for Milenio Diario, has also been shot and is injured in the foot.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT BRAD FROM A PERSON WHO WAS THERE WITH HIM:
- He was at the Santa Lucia Barricade
- He was shot from a distance of 30-40 meters right in the pit of the stomach
- It was urban paramilitary Priistas in plain clothes who shot him
- People then pulled him away to safety; its confirmed that he's dead; his body is at the red cross in oaxaca
- 3 additional dead (4 total); 1 member of radio universidad was injured, he went to the hospital in a volkswagen cuz no ambulances would come
More information: English report
NarcoNews (english) - CML - La Jornada - IMC México
Other spanish media
milenio.com - reforma.com