ELF Alive and Fighting in Ontario - Recent String of Actions Causes Millions in Damage
23 Jul 2006 05:39 GMT
Anti-'Development' actions are on the rise in Ontario, with four separate actions in three different cities in the past week. These actions, along with the revolutionary land reclamation in Six Nations, and the standoff in Grassy Narrows, among many other things, shows that resistance is alive and strong in the belly of the beast.
read more + follow the progress...
- In Guelph, Ontario, on the weekend of the 25th of June, people acting under the name The Anarchist Fire Brigade claimed responsibility for sabotaging three pieces of construction machinery at a new suburban sprawl site.
- On Tuesday June 27th, also in Guelph, saboteurs burned down one of the first new homes in a new suburb in another part of the city. The ELF claimed responsibility for the blaze, which caused $200,000 damage.
- On Friday July 14, in Toronto, saboteurs acting under the ELF banner damaged a dozen construction vehicles working on a series of new condominiums. Damage was estimated by the site supervisor at $2 Million.
- On Monday July 17 in Brantford, another city in Southwestern Ontario, saboteurs hit two different sites of suburban sprawl, damaging construction equipment.
- In Guelph again, on July 18, another nearly-finished home in another new suburb was set ablaze, causing $80,000 damage.
- Following that on Wednesday July 19, three more construction sites in Brantford were hit, in actions claimed by the ELF. The extent of the damage is unknown.