February 9th: Northwest DNC/RNC Resistance Conference Schedule
04 Feb 2008 20:39 GMT
Announcing the schedule for the upcoming NW DNC/RNC Resistance Conference!
Olympia SDS would like to present a courtesy reminder, as the Northwest DNC/RNC Resistance Conference is occurring THIS SATURDAY, February 9th. The original announcement can be found at http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2008/01/263940.shtml
This announcement, however, is new and improved. We present to you, potential attendee, the schedule!
10 AM- Coffee and bagels! Networking! Location: Lecture Hall 1
12-5 PM- Workshop time! Various locations to be announced.
- Street Tactics
- Blockade Tactics and Lockboxes
- Shields and Defensive Tactics
- Respecting a Diversity of Tactics
- Not Going, but Still Down
- Keeping Momentum Going
- Health and Safety
All workshops are for informational purposes only, of course.
5-7 Dinner time! More networking! Food will be provided (but you can bring some to share, if you want)
7-11 Presentations by members of Recreate 68 (Denver, CO) and RNC Welcoming Committee (Twin Cities, MN)!
Housing is available, but please contact us if you need it. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
We have created a media policy, which is as follows:
Photographers and videographers MUST request consent from everyone in the space being documented. We the organizers feel video cameras may compromise the safety of those attending the conference so we ask that you do not video tape during workshops. NO CORPORATE MEDIA.
The event will be held at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA.
From north or south:
1. Take Interstate 5 to Olympia.
2. Turn onto Highway 101 at Exit 104.
3. Go west on 101 North for three miles.
4. Take The Evergreen State College exit.
5. Go two miles north on the Evergreen Parkway to the main campus entrance (at the roundabout).
From the west:
1. Go east on Highway 101 North toward Olympia.
2. Take the Aberdeen/Shelton exit.
3. Turn left at the stop sign onto 2nd Ave SW, which becomes Mud Bay Road.
4. Follow the road's curve to the right and continue up the hill.
5. At the hill's top, just beyond the overpass, turn left at The Evergreen State College exit.
6. Merge onto Evergreen Parkway.
7. Go two miles north to the main campus entrance (at the roundabout).
Walk towards the library, and you’ll see the Lecture Halls on the left. Go inside the lecture hall with the giant 1 on the door.
See you there! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
read more: http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2008/02/264448.shtml