May 30th: Health Care for All in 2009 - Mothers Leading the Way
30 May 2009 15:39 GMT
The event is a result of national, state and local organizations seizing the historic opportunity for health care reform in this nation. More than 75 organizations and countless individuals have already joined in the excitement. This event will build toward health care reform efforts on the national scale. States around the nation will be holding events around the country in April and May to build to a June 25th national event with tens of thousands of people in Washington D.C
WHERE: Planned to start: at Pratt Park (E. Yesler Way & 20th Ave. S.)
End at Westlake Center (4th Ave. & Pine St.)
WHEN: Saturday, May 30, 2009, from 12:30 - 3:30
March will start at Pratt Park in Seattle's Central District and conclude with a rally at Westlake Center in Downtown.
WASHINGTON'S BIGGEST HEALTH CARE MARCH
The Seattle Event is Part of Grassroots Movement to Secure National Health Care for All in 2009
People throughout Washington are answering President Obama's call to be part of the movement to enact health care reform in 2009. In Seattle, that response will come in the form of one of the state's largest marches for health care ever; drawing participants from all corners of the state to demand health care reform in 2009.
"Grassroots organizations throughout the state are hearing from advocates that `now is the time' to have their voices heard on health care reform," said Lynne Nguyen. "This march and rally is an opportunity for people to step forward and be part of a positive movement for America."
Senator Patty Murray will kick-off the March at a rally at 12:30pm at Pratt Park (20th & Yesler). The March will finish at Westlake Park, where Congressman Jim McDermott will join other speakers at a closing rally.
• Senator Patty Murray
• Congressman Jim McDermott
• Deana Knutsen, Board Chair, Washington Community Action Network
• Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, Executive Director, MomsRising.org
• Dr. Ben Danielson, Medical Director, Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic
• Angela Ying, Senior Pastor, Bethany United Church of Christ
• Lynne Dodson, President, AFT Seattle Community Colleges, Local 1789
• King County Council Member Larry Gossett
• Rocio Luquero, Univision Seattle
• Teresita Batayola, Executive Director, International Community Health Services
• Total Experience Gospel Choir
• Big World Breaks
from small businesses, patients and health care providers
Seattle May 30th Healthcare Rally
read more: http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2009/05/272873.shtml